Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) is an industry standard for hybrid digital TV to harmonise the broadcast, IPTV, and broadband delivery of entertainment to the end consumer through connected TVs and set-top boxes. The HbbTV Association, comprising digital broadcasting and Internet industry companies, has established a standard for the delivery of broadcast TV and broadband TV to the home, through a single user interface, creating an open platform as an alternative to proprietary technologies. Products and services using the HbbTV standard can operate over different broadcasting technologies, such as satellite, cable, or terrestrial networks.
S&T offers services for content providers to enable distribute their content via HbbTV, ATSC3 and MHEG applications, including:
- VoD and live streaming applications
- Content encoding services for Freeview, YouView and ATSC3 platforms
- Distribution of content via the Synapse custom CDN
- Integration with industry standard advertising services for monetisation of content
- Viewer measurement and reporting services.