TSBroadcaster is an advanced delivery system for digital television applications, providing cost-effective application signaling and play-out, data updates and stream event generation. It is built to withstand the rigours of modern broadcasting, providing control and monitoring via a web-based UI, Java, REST APIs and SNMP.
TSBroadcaster’s scalable functionality provides operators the means to develop, test, play out and manage content across major networks and has been serving content to millions of customers worldwide for over a decade with unmatched inherent reliability.
TSBroadcaster for DVB provides full support for DVB-MHP, MHEG and HbbTV 2.0, and also supports SSU image download. TSBroadcaster can support dual-standard operation to simulcast both HbbTV and MHP applications.
TSBroadcaster is deployed worldwide for the delivery of MHEG and HbbTV applications, and for SSU image downloads.
- Generation of MPEG-2 Multi-Program Transport Streams containing AIT signaling and application content in DSM-CC carousels.
- Launching via AIT of applications from carousel and/or applications downloaded from the Internet for connected receivers.
- Scheduling and control of application playout and lifecycle.
- Responsive application content update either automatically polled from URL or updated via the UI or API.
- Injection of DSM-CC stream event messages via the UI or API, or as part of the application lifecycle,
- Support for SSU download to provide firmware upgrades over the air to receiver populations.
- Supplied as software ready to install on a qualified Linux server or VM, or as a pre-installed product on a server
- Available as a stand-alone unit or installed in dual-redundant configuration for rapid automatic or manual failover.
- Configured, controlled and monitored through a zero-install standard Internet browser interface requiring no plug-ins.
- Available with UDP, ASI or RF Transport Stream output.
Capacity and Performance
|Maximum Transport Streams:
|Maximum Services per Transport Stream:
|Maximum AITs per Transport Stream:
|Maximum DSM-CC Carousels per Transport Stream:
|Maximum Transport Stream bit rate:
|Maximum number of applications:
|Maximum application size:
|Maximum application file size:
|Maximum SSU download image size:
|Maximum number of SSU download images:
Third party integration
TSBroadcaster provides fully featured Java and HTTP APIs for control and monitoring, and in addition can be set up to poll external HTTP and FTP sources automatically to update application content as new content becomes available. TSBroadcaster can also be integrated with third party automation systems to provide synchronized application launch.
Security and Management
TSBroadcaster 4 provides the following management features:
- Password-protected user accounts for control of access to selected areas of system functions.
- Remote monitoring via SNMP poll and trap mechanisms.
- Display of current signaling contents, carousel contents and bit rate usage.
- Display of server configuration, memory usage and availability.
- Display and download of daily application and server level logs for any given time within the log archive retention period.