With Video on Demand the customer gains access to a wealth of film and television entertainment at the touch of a button. Video can be accessed immediately and is then streamed or downloaded to the viewer’s receiving equipment. S&T provide a number of applications that facilitate the delivery of video to the set-top box. We focus on providing solutions that are of low cost to the consumer and solve the problems of VoD catalogue delivery over a broadcast network.
S&T also has a proven track record in enabling linear streaming of scheduled broadcast services. We focus on providing a reliable experience for both broadcaster and viewer, giving the broadcaster a fine level of control over signalling parameters.
Our VoD and streaming solutions are built from powerful application modules that fit together to create a solid framework. New products are often developed following careful analysis of customer requirements. Our current product portfolio includes the following:
- Bastion Pro, for hardware based authentication
- Mediator, a framework for accessing, processing and caching metadata
- DMS Device Manager, add Bastion security to your CMS
- Command Store, enable a second screen device to control an application running on Freeview
- Live Streamer, serve multiple clients via HTTP Progressive Download
The diagram below shows the key components in one of our VoD solutions.