S&T has a wealth of experience in providing solutions for streaming technologies including linear streaming and VoD. As part of these solutions we have developed innovative streaming tools to enable play-out with a focus on reduced-cost, reliability and customisation.
- Store and relay commands from a Second Screen device to a Freeview device
- Create and manage accounts for paired devices
- Restrict access to authenticated Freeview devices by URL signing and validation
- Avoid timeouts on the Freeview device using long polling with refresh poll requests
DMS Device Manager. Our Device Management Service (DMS) integrates with your CMS to give you Bastion level security. This means you are safe in the knowledge that your content is being received by authorised devices. The DMS Device Manager works by extending our Mediator software to provide the following functions:
- Add new records to the DMS database during registration
- Request records for authentication
- Publish a website to enable the viewer to manage their registered devices
- Pairing of second screen devices with a registered Freeview device
Live Streamer. Live Streamer enables the output of an encoder to be served to multiple clients via HTTP Progressive Download. Live Streamer has the following features:
- Optimised it to allow fast channel change
- Includes Bastion level security to ensure only authenticated clients may access the streams
- Configurable to work on a wide range to receiver implementations.
Our product suite is constantly updated with new developments launched on a regular basis. We are also responsive to specific customer requirements and work with our clients to ensure best-fit.
See our VoD/Live Streaming Page to see how some of our streaming tools fit together.